New Scouts or Cubs
The first step is to email one of the leaders to let us know that you’re interested. Sometimes there is a waiting list to join.
There is an online application form for Scouts Australia so that they can provide you with a Scouting Number and they also look after the various insurances.
All Youth Members must have a completed Youth Application form and the relevant links (Cubs or Scouts) are given below. If you have not yet contacted the Group Leader the online form allows for that to be organised. Contact with the Scout or Cub Leaders is advised before undertaking a trial night.
To enquire about Scouts, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To enquire about Cubs, contact: email@example.com
Cub Membership form (8-11 yrs old):
Scout Membership Form (11-15 years old):
After your child has had a chance to see what its all about and decided he/she wishes to be invested as a Cub or Scout, we’ll ask you to pay your annual membership (this covers the levy we pass on to Scouts Australia for insurance, and the fee used by 1st Pymble to maintain the equipment, hall, etc). If you are joining after 30 June then the fee is reduced.
An invoice for the fees is sent out in the first quarter of the year and covers the whole calendar year, if you are joining later in the year then the fees are pro-rata. Please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for information/invoice.
Fee rates for full year 2022
Cubs and Scouts (youth members)
- Scouts NSW charges a $250 yearly fee directly to parents. A one-off joining fee of $55 is also charged by Scouts NSW to set up a youth membership. The Scouts NSW fee covers personal accident and public liability insurance.
- 1st Pymble charges a fee of $200 per year (first child) to cover things like maintenance of the hall, electricity and water rates, materials for the Cub and Scout programs, camping equipment, fire safety checks. An initial charge of $50 is also charged to cover the new Cub or Scouts scarf, record book and starting badges. $90 is charged for the second child, $10 for the 3rd and $0 for the fourth and subsequent child
Leaders and committee members:
- Active leaders have their Scouts Australia fee met by the group and receive a discount for 1st Pymble fees for youth members in their family. If they are fully qualified their first child is charged as the 3rd youth member (ie $10); and if yet to fully qualify (partially qualified) their first child is charged as the 2nd youth membership (ie $90).
- Committee members are charged the same as partially qualified leaders
- Parent helpers are not charged by Scouts Australia or the group.
For any clarification please contact email@example.com.
Payments can be made by direct deposit (BSB 032-186, Account 180252) or cheque to “1st Pymble Scout Group” mailed to PO Box 600, Turramurra NSW 2074; or online via credit card or PayPal.
Paypal payments as stated below will be updated soon.
To pay online click the appropriate link below and be taken to a PayPal site to handle the payments.
- 1st Pymble Joining Fee, $50 for Scouts Australia.
- 1st Pymble Youth Membership, $200
- 2nd Junior Membership, $90
- 3rd Junior Membership, $10